Wednesday, October 30, 2013

One Off my Bucket List-Swimming with Dolphins in Mozambique.




photos © Mark van Coller

These photographs are of us in Mozambique swimming with dolphins.
My Uncle Marky is an underwater filmmaker and took these photographs.
I felt excited to get in the water, but when I got in and swam around for a little
bit the dolphins never came, so I wanted to go back. It was not a good first
experience because i got really cold. I did not go in the rest of that boat trip.
The next day was a very bumpy long ride and we did not see any dolphins
until we were many miles up the coast. Then my dad spotted some dolphins.
They were very playful dolphins so our guide told us to get in the water.
They would come so close you would be able to touch them.
But you can't touch them because they are wild.
They will swim under you and all around you if they are not on a
mission to hunt or rest. Some times they just avoid you, but yesterday we got lucky.
Swimming with the dolphins was really stunning and amazing, and it was very difficult not to be tempted to reach out and touch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment